GENESSE COUNTY, Mich. (WTVA) – A suspect in a Clay County kidnapping faces an extradition hearing this week in Michigan.
The Genesse County Sheriff’s Department says Dequan Dewayne Upchurch is still in their custody as of Tuesday.
He was arrested January 9 in Flint, Michigan by the U.S. Marshals Service.
In mid-December, the Clay County Sheriff’s Department identified Upchurch as a suspect believed to be involved in the kidnapping and armed robbery of a family in Clay County.
The incident happened on November 29 in the Pine Bluff area.
Clay County Sheriff Eddie Scott says four armed people assaulted the homeowner in their front yard and then forced the wife and four children into a back bedroom.
Three people have been arrested in Clay County.
- Fourth suspect in Clay County kidnapping faces extradition
- UPDATE: Man wanted as fourth suspect in Clay County kidnapping, armed robbery
- Clay County investigators search for fourth robbery suspect
- Clay County Kidnapping Suspect Goes Before Michigan Judge
- UPDATE: Bond set for Clay County kidnapping suspect.
- Trio charged with robbing and kidnapping a Clay County family
- Men face drug charges in Clay County
- Deputies arrest fourth burglary suspect
- UPDATE: Suspect in Clay County holdup arrested
- Clay County sexual battery suspect in custody