Update 09/05/18 9:39 a.m.
All those taken to the hospital have been released. All had non-life-threatening.
See the original post below.
STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - A school bus carrying Nanih Waiya cheerleaders was involved in an accident Tuesday sending 14 people to the hospital.
The Mississippi Highway Patrol says the Louisville school bus was heading west on Highway 490 around 5 p.m. for a junior high game at Sebastopol when an eastbound Dodge Charger struck the bus.
MHP Master Sergeant Criss Turnipseed says of the 17 on the bus, two were taken by ambulance to Winston Medical Center in Louisville with minor injuries.
Bus driver William White, 51, of Louisville, was among 11 people from the bus taken to the same hospital to be checked out.
Beason Cooper, 20, of Louisville, was identified as the driver of the car. Turnipseed says Cooper was taken by ambulance to the same hospital with moderate injuries.
- Fourteen taken to hospital after Winston County school bus accident
- Children not injured in school bus accident
- No one hurt in Lee County school bus accident
- No injuries in Lafayette County school bus accident
- No serious injuries in Columbus school bus accident
- Body recovered following Winston County fire
- Power outage scheduled in Winston County
- UPDATE: Man wanted in Winston County burglary
- Authorities investigate possible homicide in Winston County
- ATV wreck kills man in Winston County