ACKERMAN, Miss. (WTVA) - Four candidates are running for the open mayor's seat in Ackerman.
Tim Cutts, Carl "Barney" Phelps, Dale Reid and Levon Murphy Junior are running in the non-partisan election to serve the remainder of Dick Cain's term.
Cain passed away recently.
The election is set for December 19.
The Choctaw County Chamber of Commerce and the Choctaw County Republican Party will hold a mayoral forum at the Choctaw County Community Center on December 11 at 6 p.m.
- Four running in special election for Ackerman mayor
- Ackerman mayor passes away following illness
- One man shot, another arrested in Ackerman
- Armed robbery arrest made in Ackerman
- Burglar sought after Ackerman store break-in
- UPDATE: Highway 12 reopened after crash near Ackerman
- Ackerman police look to find two men for store scam
- School officials detect gas leak at Ackerman Elementary
- Starkville police charge Ackerman woman with vehicle theft
- Local special elections being held Tuesday