OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Oxford police charge four people with kidnapping another person and burglarizing an apartment.
On Thursday, May 31 at approximately 7 p.m., police responded to the Flatts at South Campus for a home invasion.
Police say the suspect entered the residence and held the victim against their will while stealing items from the apartment.
The suspects were later identified as Raymond Coffey, Jr., 18, of Tillatoba; Ricky Gerard, 18, of Tillatoba; Theo Holloway, 18, of Oakland, Miss. and an unnamed juvenile.
Police say one of the suspects knocked on a woman's door and asked to use a phone. When she said no, the suspects forced their way in, police say.
"One held her while two others searched the house for things to take," said Captain Hildon Sessums. The other
was the getaway driver."
The four later surrendered to Oxford police and returned the stolen items.
Police say the four were in and out of the residence within four minutes. However, the incident was caught on camera, leading to the arrests.
"Just so happened when they were walking up to the apartment they all looked straight at the camera," added Sessums.
All are charged with burglary and kidnapping.
- Four charged with kidnapping, burglary in Oxford
- Oxford police charge man with assault, kidnapping
- Batesville man charged with Oxford burglary
- Woman charged with burglary of Oxford salon
- Oxford police charge local man for multiple auto burglaries
- Auto burglary lands Oxford man in jail
- Lambert man arrested for burglary in Oxford
- Former tenant arrested for Oxford burglary
- Brandon man arrested in Oxford for kidnapping, rape
- Man arrested on kidnapping charges