DESOTO COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) — State Rep. Robert Foster is endorsing Lt. Gov. Tate Reeves in his bid to become Mississippi's next governor.
Foster, who finished third in the August 6 Republican primary, did not mention Reeves by name in his Twitter post Thursday when announcing the endorsement.
However, he did use the name of the Democratic nominee, Attorney General Jim Hood.
"I am a conservative Republican. Jim Hood has never been an option for me," Foster's tweet said.
Foster's endorsement is significant since he endorsed Bill Waller Jr. in the August 27 runoff for the party's nomination.
- Foster endorses Reeves in race for governor
- Reeves wins Mississippi governor's race
- President Trump endorses Tate Reeves for MS governor
- REPORT: Waller will not endorse Reeves for governor
- Hood, Reeves preview possible Mississippi governor's race
- Republicans pick Reeves for governor
- Reeves still outspending Hood in Mississippi governor race
- Hood leads Reeves in poll for 2019 governor's race
- Tate Reeves talks governor race during stops in Tupelo and Columbus
- Lt. Gov. Tate Reeves announces he is running for governor