BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WTVA) - A federal judge in Alabama sentenced a former prison guard to one-and-a-half years in prison for having sex with a female inmate and lying about it.
Jesse Bailey, 28, of Carrollton, Alabama, was sentenced Tuesday after pleading guilty in December to the charges.
Bailey worked at the low-security prison for women in Aliceville, Alabama, when he committed the crimes in 2016.
- Former prison guard gets prison time for having sex with an inmate
- Alabama prison guard in custody
- Sheriff: Marshall County prison guard severely injured by inmate
- Inmate collapses in prison, later dies
- Mississippi prison investigates deaths of 2 inmates
- Mississippi prison inmate dies in Pascagoula hospital
- Mississippi closes part of prison, citing guard shortage
- Inmate escapes from Alabama prison for elderly and sick
- Vermont out-of-state inmates to move to Mississippi prison
- Inmate at privately-run Mississippi prison dies in hanging