TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) -- A Lee County grand jury has handed down on indictment against a former Tupelo police officer on drug charges.
The indictment says Nicholas McKnight, 32, is accused of selling the drugs to another person on January 31, 2017.
The court documents says the amount of the drugs was under two grams.
Tupelo city officials confirm McKnight worked for the department but says he is no longer employed by the city.
They referred further questions on the indictment to the district attorney.
McKnight was arrested last week and is currently free on bond.
- Former police officer indicted on drug charges
- Police officer indicted on embezzlement charge
- 8 men indicted on federal drug charges in Mississippi
- Former Starkville police officer indicted for 2017 shooting
- Convicted felon indicted on federal weapons charges
- Former police officer charged with auto burglary
- Man charged with assault on police officer
- Man charged with assaulting Starkville police officer
- Starkville man charged with assaulting police officer
- REPORT: Grenada councilman indicted