MCCARLEY, Miss. (AP) — A lawyer and former judge has died after an all-terrain vehicle crash in the Mississippi Delta.
Carroll County Sheriff Clint Walker tells The Greenwood Commonwealth that 55-year-old Sarah Hodnett of Greenville died Sunday after an accident on private property near McCarley.
Carroll County Coroner Mark Stiles says Hodnett and her boyfriend, whom Walker didn't name, were riding on the same ATV when it rolled over on its side and trapped Hodnett underneath. Stiles says it appears the ATV tipped over on uneven ground.
She died before she could be taken to a hospital. Walker says the boyfriend was uninjured.
Walker wouldn't say who was driving.
Hodnett was formerly a judge in Humphreys County and Rolling Fork. Stiles said she worked for North Mississippi Rural Legal Services in Greenville.
- Former judge dies in ATV accident in Mississippi Delta
- Sheriff: 9-year-old boy dies following ATV accident
- Sheriff: Man dies in Calhoun County ATV accident
- Union Coroner: Man killed in ATV accident
- Fatal ATV accident in Tippah County
- MDOT worker dies in south Mississippi accident
- Storm related death in the Mississippi Delta
- Lee Co. deputies respond to fatal ATV accident
- Father, son killed in ATV accident laid to rest
- Hickory Flat man dies in weekend ATV wreck