BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WTVA) - A former corrections officer has pleaded guilty to having sex with a female inmate at the federal prison for women in Aliceville, Alabama, and to lying about it.
Jesse Bailey, 28, of Carrollton, Alabama, entered that guilty plea Tuesday and is scheduled to be sentenced March 13.
Prosecutors say Bailey was working at the Federal Correctional Institution in January 2016 and started flirting with an inmate identified as H.G.
They say the flirting led to Bailey having sex with the inmate in a staff bathroom near the dorm where the inmate at the low-security prison was living.
Federal agents interviewed Bailey in August 2016, and he denied having sex with the inmate and communicating with the inmate outside of work by phone or email.
The most he could get for having sex with an inmate is 15 years and a $250,000 fine. For lying to federal agents, the maximum punishment is 8 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.
- Former corrections officer pleads guilty to having sex with an inmate
- Chickasaw County corrections officer attacked by inmate
- Inmate stabs Lee County correctional officer
- Former school administrator pleads guilty to sex crimes.
- Correction: New Judge story
- Attorney pleads guilty to charges following Iuka law office fire
- Former juvenile officer pleads guilty in 2016 beating
- Man pleads not guilty to Derma Post Office burglary
- Clay County inmate pleads not guilty to murder, judge orders mental exam
- Alcorn County correctional officer accused of introducing contraband