Update 01/15/19 1:46 p.m.
District Attorney Ben Creekmore says Larry Hamblin passed away earlier this month.
He says this case is considered closed
See the original post below.
NEW ALBANY, Miss. (WTVA) - A former barbershop owner in Union County pleaded guilty to sexual battery.
Larry Hamblin pleaded guilty to two counts of sexual battery.
Hamblin, 72, was arrested in October 2017 after an investigation into incidents involving children ages 9 through 14.
Police say the investigation showed the assaults took place at his home and his business, a local barbershop called the Hairport.
He will be sentenced in January because of ongoing treatment of a medical condition.
The original charges included three counts of child molestation and three counts of sexual battery.
- Former barbershop owner pleads guilty to sexual battery
- Booneville man pleads guilty to sexual battery
- Barbershop owner seeks justice after burglary
- Former Houlka teacher pleads guilty to 2015 sexual battery case
- Indiana man convicted in April slaying of barbershop owner
- Man charged with sexual battery
- Crawford duo charged with sexual battery
- Court denies rehearing in sexual battery appeal
- Starkville man arrested on sexual battery charge
- Starkville man arrested for sexual battery