BRUCE, Miss. (WTVA) - A former band director will not spend time in prison following his 2018 arrest for child enticement.
Jon Bland pleaded guilty to two counts of enticement of a child for lustful purposes, said District Attorney Ben Creekmore.
Bland formerly worked at Bruce High School.
A judge suspended a 20-year sentence, meaning he will not serve time behind bars.
However, if he violates the law during the two decades, he would be sent to prison.
He must register as a sex offender.
- Former band director pleads guilty to child enticement
- Bruce High School band director arrested for child enticement
- Child enticement arrest made in Prentiss County
- Man arrested for enticement of a child
- Oxford man charged with robbery, enticement of child
- Alcorn Co. man charged with enticement of child
- Oxford police arrest man for enticement of a child
- Bond set for band director in child exploitation case
- Man pleads guilty in child porn case
- UPDATE: Teacher resigns after charged with enticing a student