STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Former Starkville mayoral candidate Johnny Moore has passed away at the age of 58.
He challenged Lynn Spruill in the 2017 Democratic primary and challenged the outcome when he lost to her by a narrow margin.
A special judge ruled last month against him in that challenge.
Welch Funeral Home says it is handling funeral arrangements and may have more about services Friday.
- Former Starkville mayoral candidate Johnny Moore dies
- Starkville mayor upset over pride parade decision
- Lynn Spruill confirmed mayor of Starkville
- Starkville mayor increases safety in town
- Starkville mayor says police captured shooter, accomplice
- Starkville man dies in Winston motorcycle crash
- Report: Starkville interviews candidates to lead Park & Rec.
- Judge to rule on Starkville Mayoral election challenge this month
- Starkville mayor discusses next step for Cornerstone Park
- Starkville mayor looks to start Highway 12 sidewalk project