OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - A former Oxford police officer who is awaiting trial for murder is being moved to another jail after a picture of him outside of his jail cell went viral on Facebook.
Matthew Kinne, who is charged with the murder of Dominique Clayton, was seen outside of his jail cell without any restraints with no officers in sight.
After seeing the treatment he had been receiving, Lafayette County jail officials decided to move him.
According to District Attorney Ben Creekmore, Kinne is being moved from the Panola County jail to an unknown jail.
Creekmore said they are not disclosing the location because they don’t want inmates to know that Kinne used to be a police officer.
Kinne is expected to appear in front of a grand jury next week.
- Former Oxford police officer charged with murder is being moved to another jail
- Bond hearing delayed for Oxford officer charged with murder
- Grand jury indicts former Oxford police officer on capital murder charge
- Man accused of biting Oxford police officer
- Two Oxford police officers resign Tuesday night
- Oxford police investigate homicide
- Oxford police arrest three on various charges
- Oxford police charge Vicksburg man with assault
- Oxford police charge man with assault, kidnapping
- Oxford police charge Washington man with DUI-4th