OKOLONA, Miss. (WTVA) - Former Okolona Police Chief Willie Moore, Jr. was laid to rest Saturday.
His funeral was held in the gym of the Okolona High School.
Many friends and family paid their respects.
Okolona Police Chief Tommy Ivy described him as a honest and hard-working man.
"It's a hard thing to take when you lose a brother," he said.
Moore passed away late May.
He was buried at the Okolona Odd Fellows Cemetery.
- Former Okolona police chief laid to rest
- High School Basketball player laid to rest
- Local flight nurse laid to rest
- Beloved Oxford teacher laid to rest
- Fallen Tupelo detective laid to rest
- Ousted Okolona police chief to appeal ruling
- Former Okolona police chief passes away
- 'Ray' Davis to be laid to rest this weekend
- New Hope student killed in car accident laid to rest
- Mom of Tupelo basketball player laid to rest in Amory