MONROE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - A former Monroe County deputy passed away Monday at his residence.
Monroe County Coroner Alan Gurley confirms the body of Tony Coxey is being sent for an autopsy.
Coxey was involved in a railroad accident in December 2017 in Pickens County, Alabama. However, it’s unclear if the accident played a factor in his death.
Amory’s E.E. Pickle Funeral Home is handling funeral arrangements.
- Former Monroe County deputy passes away
- Monroe deputies execute warrants during drug roundup
- Deputies arrest two Monroe County men on drug charges
- UPDATE: Monroe County deputies continue search for stabbing suspect
- Fire destroys Monroe County home
- Man drowns in Monroe County
- Child shot in Monroe County
- Lowndes County man charged in Monroe County
- Sheriff: Prentiss County deputies find drugs, arrest passed-out driver
- UPDATE: Monroe County deputies bringing back man accused of beating mom