BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WTVA) - Police in Birmingham said someone killed former Mississippi State wide receiver De’Runnya Wilson.
According to officers, a relative reported Wilson unresponsive Tuesday in a home on Northland Avenue.
Detectives are asking for people to provide information that would help them make an arrest in the case.
Wilson, 25, played at MSU from 2013 to 2015 and finished his career as one of the top receivers in the university's history.
- Former MSU wide receiver De’Runnya Wilson killed
- Ole Miss wide receiver D.K. Metcalf out for season
- Ole Miss, MSU receive early football signees
- MSU's Vic Schaefer, Lady Bulldogs receive SEC honors
- MSU's Andy Cannizaro resigns
- MSU honors Sonny Montgomery
- Tupelo Parks and Rec. hosts City Wide Sidewalk Sale
- Grenada voters decided on city-wide sports tax
- Sewer repairs to spread city wide in West Point
- Mississippi: Wide search for new leader of troubled prisons