COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - A former employee of the Lowndes County Health Department has been indicted for embezzlement.
Mississippi State Auditor Shad White says special agents with his office arrested Phyllis Welch Thursday after she was indicted by a grand jury.
Welch was also issued a demand for $4,192.68, which includes interest and investigative costs.
White says Welch was employed by the department for more than 17 years.
She is accused of altering payment records to note bogus deductions from cash payments received from patients for services provided, to be used for personal use.
If convicted, Welch faces up to five years in prison and $5,000 in fines.
- Former Lowndes County Health Department worker arrested for embezzlement
- Former MSU event worker arrested for embezzlement
- Former Columbus-Lowndes Airport manager arrested for embezzlement
- MDOT worker involved in Lowndes County rollover
- Worker accused of embezzling from Oxford salon
- Starkville man arrested for embezzlement
- Young employee arrested for embezzlement
- Former Alcorn County clerk arrested for embezzlement
- Lowndes County inmate dies
- Crash In Lowndes County