COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - A Columbus man begins his 35-year sentence for second degree murder.
District Attorney Scott Colom says Arthur Kennedy pleaded guilty to the shooting death of Timothy Barker.
The shooting happened in 2015 outside Club Heidi Ho.
Kennedy, a DJ at the time, got into a fight inside the club the night of the shooting.
Colom says Kennedy apologized to Barker's family before his punishment was handed down.
- Former DJ begins long prison sentence for 2015 shooting
- Trial begins in Itawamba County for 2015 murder
- New Albany man sentenced to prison
- Tupelo teen sentenced to prison for robberies
- Report: Mississippi laws cause ‘extreme’ prison sentences
- Okolona shooting suspect has long criminal history
- DNA match cracks 2015 Columbus cold case
- Woman cleared for 2015 bank robbery
- Capital murder suspect found guilty, sentenced to life in prison
- Man serving life sentence dies at Mississippi prison