JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - The former manager of the Columbus-Lowndes County Airport has been arrested for embezzlement.
On Monday, May 21, special agents with the State Auditor's Office arrested Billy Scarborough for embezzlement.
He was served a demand of $14,490.81, which includes interest and investigative costs.
During his time in the position, reports show he obtained more than 2,000 gallons of unleaded and/or diesel fuel from Columbus Public Works, stated the Auditor's Office.
"The fuel was obtained outside the scope of Scarborough's duties as airport manager," stated the State Auditor's Office.
He was released from custody on a $7,500 bond.
The Auditor's Office stated Scarborough had previously been arrested by the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department for the alleged theft of airplane parts. This previous arrest is un-related to the new embezzlement arrest.
- Former Columbus-Lowndes Airport manager arrested for embezzlement
- Macon woman arrested for embezzlement in Columbus
- Former Lowndes County Health Department worker arrested for embezzlement
- Columbus police investigate shocking embezzlement case
- 2 women face embezzlement charges in Columbus
- Starkville man arrested for embezzlement
- Young employee arrested for embezzlement
- Lowndes County duo accused of Columbus robbery
- Lowndes County coroner identifies Columbus body
- Lowndes County collision kills Columbus woman