CHICKASAW COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - A former sheriff's deputy has been indicted on child pornography charges.
Jimmy Rappe was booked into the Chickasaw County jail on Thursday.
According to Sheriff Jim Meyers, the attorney general's office contacted him last year about a complaint made against the 48-year-old deputy. Meyers says Rappe promptly resigned after learning of the attorney general's investigation. He says the attorney general's office presented its case to a grand jury on Wednesday who then returned an indictment.
Rappe is out on a $25,000 bond.
- Former Chickasaw Co. deputy arrested
- Chickasaw Drug arrests
- Indictiment sheds light on arrest of former Chickasaw County deputy
- Chickasaw deputies: Man busted for cocaine, $5K
- Chickasaw deputies search for shoplifting suspect
- Drug-related arrests made in Chickasaw County
- UPDATE: Arrest made for Chickasaw County stabbing
- Burglary arrest made in Chickasaw County
- UPDATE: Arrest made for Chickasaw County shooting
- Chickasaw County deputies led on chase through multiple counties