JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - A former Alcorn County deputy Justice Court clerk has been charged with embezzlement.
According to the State Auditor's Office, special agents with the office arrested Jeanette Tullis.
She was issued a demand for $4,140, which includes principal, investigative costs and interest.
Tullis started working at the Justice Clerk's Office in January 2002 and has since resigned.
"While it is unfortunate that she has betrayed the trust of her community, hopefully, this money will be repaid to the citizens of Alcorn County quickly," stated State Auditor Stacey Pickering.
She has been bonded out of jail on a $10,000 bond.
- Former Alcorn County clerk arrested for embezzlement
- Former Burnsville clerk arrested for embezzlement
- Former Okolona city clerk arrested for embezzlement
- Arrests made for Alcorn County thefts
- Arrest made for Alcorn County home burglary
- UPDATE: Alcorn County deputies arrest escaped inmate
- Former Ecru city clerk pleads guilty to embezzlement
- Starkville man arrested for embezzlement
- Young employee arrested for embezzlement
- House fire in Alcorn County