UNION COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) – Firefighters were on the scene of a forest fire overnight in Union County.
The fire happened near County Road 7. It began Wednesday afternoon between 4:00 and 5:00.
The cause of the fire is still being investigated.
The amount of acreage burned is still undetermined at this time.
The Mississippi Forestry Commission has been called in to assist.
Myrtle Fire Chief Mike Potts says there were not threats to homes. The only threat was to a deer hunting camp on Wednesday, but the fire did not reach that area.
The fire is now contained.
- Forest fire contained in Union County
- Fire destroys Union County home
- Fire damages Union County home
- Firefighters contain oil fire in Monroe County
- Union County house fire under investigation
- Firefighters respond to Union County fire
- Home destroyed in Union County fire
- Pet dies in Union County house fire
- Fire destroys house in Union County
- No injuries in Union County house fire