TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - It was just a flip of the switch and now Tupelo's Ballard Park is lit up for the season. Hundreds were on hand Thursday night as two lucky Parkway Elementary School students flipped that switch on a holiday fireworks extravaganza -- and then turned on the dozens of lighted displays that dot the grounds around Ballard Park on West Main in Tupelo. The crowds were also entertained with carols by a choir of kids from Parkway. Along with the lights, there was also an open house at the Oren Dunn Museum, hot chocolate and cookies, and even a visit from the Grinch -- whose heart may have grown three sizes this day.
It's year 26 of a beloved holiday tradition made brighter by the donation of animated Christmas light displays by Fulton resident/businessman Jerry Stubblefield.
Posted: Nov 30, 2017 8:34 PM
- Flipping the switch on Christmas lighting at Ballard Park
- Mississippi gov: Restarting economy won't be 'light switch'
- UPDATE: Saltillo water switch under consideration
- Car flips in Columbus, driver okay
- Truck flips over north of Tupelo
- Saltillo Board of Aldermen vote to switch to river water
- Saltillo residents may see increase in water rate after switch
- Nettleton may switch from elected to appointed police chief
- Saltillo close to switching from well water to river water
- Vehicle flips, catches fire in Webster County; 4 injured
Scroll for more content...