TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) – A man is in custody after leading law enforcement on a pursuit through North Gloster Street in Tupelo.
According to Tupelo police, officers attempted to stop a vehicle reported as stolen sometime near noon in the North Gloster Street area.
Photo: Ryan McCoy
A witness describes the vehicle as a white pickup truck.
Police say the suspect fled south on North Gloster, causing two collisions with other vehicles. One collision happened near Lowe’s on North Gloster Street. The other happened south near Planet Fitness, where the pursuit ended.
A witness tells WTVA the truck collided with a postal truck near Planet Fitness.
Officers were able to take the suspect into custody. Tupelo police later identified the suspect as 31-year-old Bart Edward Franks. According to the Lee County jail roster, he is charged with felony eluding/fleeing and grand larceny.
Police say at least one person was injured in the collision near Planet Fitness. Those injuries do not appear to be life-threatening.
This information is preliminary and the investigation is ongoing.
- UPDATE: Suspect ID'd in Tupelo chase
- UPDATE: Dead Oxford robbery suspect ID'd
- UPDATE: One Pontotoc County body ID'd
- UPDATE: Second Pontotoc County body ID'd
- UPDATE: Bond set for suspect in Tupelo chase
- UPDATE: Shooting victim ID'd following Pontotoc County wreck
- UPDATE: Second person ID'd following Monroe County crash
- UPDATE: Body pulled from Chickasaw County pond; victim ID'd
- UPDATE: Bonds set for suspects after chase
- UPDATE: Bond set for Tupelo kidnapping suspect