STARKVILLE, Miss. (AP) - Nick Fitzgerald threw for 243 yards and four touchdowns and No. 21 Mississippi State beat Louisiana Tech 45-3 on Saturday night.
Mississippi State (6-3, No. 18 CFP) didn't have much trouble, scoring 21 points in the first quarter of what quickly turned into a lopsided game. Fitzgerald completed 17 of 28 passes and threw his touchdowns to Stephen Guidry, Deddrick Thomas, Kylin Hill and Jesse Jackson.
Fitzgerald also ran for 107 yards. Mississippi State has a 16-3 record during Fitzgerald's career when he breaks the 100-yard mark.
Louisiana Tech (6-3) was competitive in a loss to LSU this season, but its second game against a Southeastern Conference opponent didn't go well. J'Mar Smith completed 14 of 30 passes for 98 yards.
Mississippi State's offensive revival continued for a second straight game after an encouraging 28-13 win over Texas A&M last week. The Bulldogs finished with 532 total yards.
Fitzgerald had plenty of time to throw most of the night and completed four touchdown passes in the first half for 11, 36, 23 and 10 yards. That helped give the Bulldogs a comfortable 31-3 halftime lead.
Mississippi State's defense was once again excellent, giving up just 238 total yards. The Bulldogs didn't give up a touchdown on Saturday and they've given up just nine offensive touchdowns all season, which leads the nation.
- Fitzgerald throws 4 TDs, Mississippi State beats Louisiana Tech 45-3
- Tornado touches down in Mississippi, Louisiana
- Engaged Louisiana corporal dies in Mississippi crash
- Mullen, Florida beat Mississippi State 13-6
- Bulldogs rout Louisiana 56-10
- 3 from Mississippi plead guilty in Louisiana man's death
- Prosecutor mulls Louisiana trial as Mississippi jury hangs
- Tellis indicted in Louisiana killing after 2 Mississippi trials
- Mississippi man dies after truck runs off Louisiana bridge
- Ole Miss rallies to beat Mississippi State 64-58