TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - The Autism Center of North Mississippi partnered with the Family Resource Center to create the first ever Mississippi Autism Resource Conference.
The event was held at the Tupelo Country Club and all 125 seats were filled with those who registered ahead of time.
One of the organizers, Susan Hill, is a mother of three children with autism. Hill said the conference included information she wished she would’ve known when her children were diagnosed.
“An event like this can just provide them with hope,” she said. “It lets them know what resources are out there.”
Autism Center of North Mississippi Executive Director Brittany Cuevas said they will hold the event again next year.
- First ever Mississippi Autism Resource Conference held in Tupelo
- Tupelo cookout supports Autism Center
- Northeast Mississippi Law Enforcement Officers Memorial held in Tupelo
- Silence Hides Violence 5K held in Tupelo
- First Hero Up 5k held in Tupelo
- Tupelo memorial held for fallen officers
- Vigil held for dead Tupelo man
- Closing time nears for Tupelo's Women First Resource Center
- Miss Tupelo Crowned Miss Mississippi 2018
- Memorial service held for the homeless who died in Tupelo