TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - The first Hero Up 5k and Fun Run was held in Tupelo Saturday to honor the life of Judah Powell who died earlier this year at the age of three.
In loving memory of their son, Matt and Andrea Powell, in partnership with Relias Healthcare, founded Judah's Super Kids. Judah loved superheros.
Funds from the race will help provide comforting toys to children in the emergency room.
Nearly 300 people showed up for the race at Ballard Park and to support the Tupelo family.
Family members said they were touched by the overwhelming community support.
- First Hero Up 5k held in Tupelo
- Silence Hides Violence 5K held in Tupelo
- Tupelo memorial held for fallen officers
- Vigil held for dead Tupelo man
- Thanksgiving Day community feedings held in Tupelo
- Memorial service held for the homeless who died in Tupelo
- First ever Mississippi Autism Resource Conference held in Tupelo
- Northeast Mississippi Law Enforcement Officers Memorial held in Tupelo
- 13th annual Taste of Tupelo held on Thursday
- Chickasaw deputies: Man busted for cocaine, $5K