TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - An organization that strives to help at-risk children has expanded to Lee County.
The Family First Initiative Advisory Council for Lee County held its first meeting Monday night at the Lee County Justice Center.
Family First Initiative is a pilot program hoping to eliminate child neglect and reduce the number of children in foster care.
The advisory council will bring together government officials, private businesses, faith-based organizations and non-profits to work together.
The statewide Family First Initiative is lead by Supreme Court Justice Dawn Beam and First Lady Deborah Bryant.
- Organization hoping to prevent child neglect expands to Lee County
- Missing child recovered in Lee County
- Parents charged with child neglect in Lowndes County
- Lee County duo charged with child abuse in Prentiss County
- Woman charged for neglect of child and vulnerable adult
- Four face child neglect charges in New Albany
- UPDATE: Child dies following Lee County crash, arrest made
- Mississippi expands management zone to prevent spread of deer disease
- Tupelo-Lee Humane Society deep cleans to prevent distemper
- UPDATE: Lee County road reopens