ECRU, Miss. (WTVA) - A suspect is in custody in connection with the fire at the American Furniture plant in Pontotoc County.
Sheriff Leo Mask confirmed the information Friday morning.
Blaze rages at American Furniture in Pontotoc County | 02/14/19
Firefighters battle the blaze into the night at American Furniture. | 02/14/19
He later identified the suspect as Jason Doss, 30, who is charged with three counts of second-degree arson.
According to the sheriff, Doss was fired from Delta Furniture earlier Thursday because he was intoxicated. He then went to American Furniture to apply for a job but was told to return another day because of his intoxication.
Mask said Doss went to three locations at the plant with a lighter. However, one location did not catch fire.
WTVA's Erin Wilson reports the three counts are in relation to Thursday's fire only.
The fire was reported on Thursday at approximately 4 p.m. The plant is located just south of Ecru.
County Fire Coordinator Adam Patton said this was at Plant 2.
No injuries were reported.
Dozens of firefighters throughout the county and surrounding counties responded.
Mask said employees followed the suspect down a road, leading to the arrest.
The plant is no stranger to fire, firefighters responded to two fires there in 2018.
- Man charged with arson after American Furniture blaze
- UPDATE: Fire at Washington Furniture ruled arson
- United Furniture purchases Lane Furniture
- ATF investigates second American Furniture plant fire
- More American Furniture workers back on the job
- Officials suspect fire at American Furniture was deliberately set
- United Furniture & Heritage Home Group finalize sale of Lane Furniture
- Firefighters battle Eupora business blaze
- Warehouse blaze leaves hundreds wondering
- UPDATE: Bomb threat suspect charged for Ashley Furniture scare