ALGOMA, Miss. (WTVA) - A mobile home fire claimed the life of a family’s dog in Pontotoc County.
Multiple fire departments responded to the fire in Algoma Tuesday morning, according to Pontotoc County Fire Coordinator Adam Patton.
The fire happened on Kizer Trail.
According to the residents, five people lived in the home; however, none of them were there at the time of the fire.
The family's 7-month-old dog, Demon, was in his crate during the fire.
The beloved pit bull died from smoke inhalation, according to homeowner James Harris.
Harris said the dog was still breathing when the firefighters brought him out of the home, but he died moments later.
Harris added he was thankful that the fire did not reach Demon. However, the smoke did.
- Fire claims life of pet in Pontotoc County
- Tippah County crash claims the life of Pontotoc County man
- Fire destroys Pontotoc County home
- Firefighters respond to Pontotoc County fire
- Fire-related accident claims life of Prentiss County man
- Afternoon fire destroys Pontotoc house
- MBI investigating Pontotoc County crash
- Lightning may be cause of Pontotoc County house fire
- Sheriff: Man set on fire in Pontotoc County
- Firefighters respond to furniture plant fire in Pontotoc County