COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - Firefighters in Columbus got a call late Friday night to respond to an apartment fire.
That fire was shortly before midnight at Rivergate Apartments on Holly Hills Road.
Emergency responders say the fire was only in one apartment.
There's no initial word as to what was burning or how the fire started.
Everyone in the apartment, however, was able to get out.
Columbus Fire Rescue Public Information Officer Anthony Colom tells WTVA the apartment above the one that caught fire was damaged as well.
Colom says the apartment manager has moved both tenants to different furnished apartments within the complex.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
- Firefighters put out overnight apartment fire in Columbus
- Columbus police investigates overnight shooting
- Firefighters respond to Columbus house fire
- Columbus firefighters respond to house fire
- Columbus superintendent Hickman fired
- Columbus home catches fire
- Columbus, Tupelo send firefighters to East Coast
- Fire damages Tupelo apartments
- House destroyed in Columbus fire
- Columbus fire truck in accident