ALCORN COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - More than 20 firefighters responded to a large business fire in Alcorn County.
This is at Palmer Handrail on County Road 324. Alcorn County Emergency Management Agency (EMA) Director Ricky Gibens says the fire broke out around noon on Thursday.
Photo: Lilvamp Bullock
The cause of the blaze is unknown at this time. None of the business' employees were injured and everyone is accounted for.
The business is considered a total loss, Gibens said. Most of the fire has been contained but firefighters continued to put out hot spots.
Gibens says crews will most likely have to wait a day for the structure to cool in order to investigate the cause.
This is a developing story. WTVA will have live coverage throughout the day on WTVA 9 News and WTVA.com.
- No injuries in Alcorn County business fire
- House fire in Alcorn County
- Alcorn County fires remain a mystery
- UPDATE: Alcorn County inmate captured
- UPDATE: No injuries in Saltillo business fire
- UPDATE: Man recovering after fire destroys Alcorn County home
- UPDATE: State reveals cause of fatal Alcorn County fire
- 12-year-old taken to burn unit after Alcorn County fire
- Alcorn County woman charged for shooting husband
- An Alcorn County fugitive returns to Mississippi