COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - Fire crews battled a house fire in Columbus Tuesday night.
It happened just before 10 p.m. on 16th Street North, according to emergency responders. Two adults and two children made it out safely.
The homeowner told WTVA she believes a plug-in heater caused the fire to start in a back room of the house. She says the children's belongings were damaged in the fire.
This article will be updated as more information becomes available.
- UPDATE: Plug-in heater may be cause of Columbus house fire
- House destroyed in Columbus fire
- Firefighters respond to Columbus house fire
- Abandoned house catches fire in Columbus
- Columbus firefighters respond to house fire
- No one injured in Columbus house fire
- Columbus superintendent Hickman fired
- Columbus home catches fire
- UPDATE: Columbus police investigate shooting
- UPDATE: Missing Columbus woman found