COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - Fire crews battled a house fire in Columbus Tuesday night.
It happened just before 10 p.m. on 16th Street North, according to emergency responders. Two adults and two children made it out safely.
The homeowner told WTVA she believes a plug-in heater caused the fire to start in a back room of the house. She says the children's belongings were damaged in the fire.
This article will be updated as more information becomes available.
- UPDATE: Plug-in heater may be cause of Columbus house fire
- House destroyed in Columbus fire
- Firefighters respond to Columbus house fire
- Abandoned house catches fire in Columbus
- Columbus superintendent Hickman fired
- UPDATE: Columbus police investigate shooting
- Columbus Fire Department responds to Sunday night house fire
- Columbus fire truck in accident
- No injuries in Columbus fire
- Grandmother, 2-year-old unhurt after escaping Columbus house fire