SEVERE WX: Flash Flood Watch - Flash Flood Warning View Alerts
STREAMING NOW: Watch Now
CLOSINGS: View Closings

Fire starts in basement of Tupelo home

Tupelo firefighters responded to a house fire on Lake Street.

Posted: Feb. 9, 2019 5:01 PM
Updated: Feb. 11, 2019 9:50 AM

TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - The Tupelo Fire Department responded to a house fire around 10:30 Friday night.

A non-occupied home on Lake Street went up in flames, due to a fireplace in the basement, said Fire Chief Thomas Walker.

No one was in the home at the time of the incident.

The home looks like it could be repaired, Walker said.

Article Comments

Tupelo
Overcast
56° wxIcon
Hi: 59° Lo: 56°
Feels Like: 56°
Columbus
Overcast
59° wxIcon
Hi: 62° Lo: 60°
Feels Like: 59°
Oxford
Overcast
55° wxIcon
Hi: 56° Lo: 55°
Feels Like: 55°
Starkville
Overcast
57° wxIcon
Hi: 59° Lo: 57°
Feels Like: 57°
WTVA Radar
WTVA Temperatures
WTVA Severe Weather