TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - The Tupelo Fire Department responded to a house fire around 10:30 Friday night.
A non-occupied home on Lake Street went up in flames, due to a fireplace in the basement, said Fire Chief Thomas Walker.
No one was in the home at the time of the incident.
The home looks like it could be repaired, Walker said.
- Fire starts in basement of Tupelo home
- Flames take Tupelo home
- No injuries in Tupelo home fire
- Lightning sparks fire that destroys Tupelo home
- Fire damages Tupelo apartments
- Home considered total loss after fire in Tupelo
- Shed catches fire in Tupelo
- Tupelo Fire Department dedicates new fire truck
- Tupelo woman recounts tale of home intruder
- Tupelo man arrested for home burglary