BURTON, Miss. (WTVA) - A fire-related accident claimed the life of a Prentiss County man.
It happened Wednesday at a home on Highway 365, just north of Burton.
Prentiss County Sheriff Randy Tolar said James Lambert, 79, was burning leaves and fell into the fire and was unable to get up.
Burton firefighters responded and extinguished the fire, then discovered Lambert’s body.
Prentiss County Coroner Greg Sparks would not provide any more details about the incident.
- Fire-related accident claims life of Prentiss County man
- Car accident claims life of Hamilton woman
- No injuries reported in Prentiss County fire
- Fire damages building at Prentiss County plant
- Overnight fire destroys Prentiss County home
- Apparent drowning accident in Florida claims life of Shannon man
- Car accident in Lowndes County claims life of teenager
- Man's body found in Prentiss County
- UPDATE: Missing Prentiss County man found safe
- Prentiss County man charged with assault