LEE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) — A husband and wife were able to escape their burning home in northeast Lee County late Friday morning.
Firefighters rushed to the home on County Road 1802 between Saltillo and Mooreville before 11 a.m.
Homeowner Chris Blevins said an alarm in the home alerted him and his wife about the fire.
Blevins and his family lived in the home for more than five years before it went up in flames.
Firefighters from Mooreville-Eggville, Cedar Hill, Saltillo and Mantachie showed up to get the fire out.
They also had to deal with the threat of ammunition nearby possibly going off while working to douse the flames.
- Fire destroys home in northeast Lee County
- Fire destroys Lee County home
- Overnight fire destroys Lee County home
- Lee County home destroyed in fire
- Fire destroys Pontotoc County home
- Fire destroys Monroe County home
- Fire destroys Union County home
- Fire destroys Houston home
- Fire destroys Mooreville home
- Oktibbeha County home destroyed in fire