WEATHER AUTHORITY : Heat Advisory View Alerts

Fire destroys Mantachie home, taxidermy business

The fire happened Friday in Mantachie.

Posted: Jan 5, 2018 2:49 PM

MANTACHIE, Miss. (WTVA) – A cooking smoker is believed to be the cause of a devastating house fire in Mantachie.

The fire happened near noon on Mt. Pisgah Road.

The property was also used to house a taxidermy business. The fire destroyed that too.

The homeowner, Greg Hughes, says he had an outside smoker cooking and soon found his home on fire.

No injuries were reported.

Firefighters from multiple departments responded including Mantachie, Mooreville, Dorsey and Houston.

The house is considered a total loss. 

Article Comments

Tupelo
Overcast
85° wxIcon
Hi: 93° Lo: 74°
Feels Like: 89°
Columbus
Broken Clouds
83° wxIcon
Hi: 91° Lo: 73°
Feels Like: 90°
Oxford
Few Clouds
84° wxIcon
Hi: 93° Lo: 72°
Feels Like: 91°
Starkville
Clear
77° wxIcon
Hi: 91° Lo: 70°
Feels Like: 78°
WTVA Radar
WTVA Temperatures
WTVA Severe Weather

Most Popular Stories