PONTOTOC, Miss. (WTVA) - Fire crews responded to the scene a plant fire at Washington Furniture in Pontotoc.
John Beard, Vice President of Sales, says there are no reports of injuries.
"It's a miracle. Thanks to the good Lord above the workers did get out of the way the fire was running," said Pontotoc Fire Chief Lance Martin.
Workers at the plant say the fire started in the middle of the warehouse. The official cause is to be determined.
"We're a big employer here in Pontotoc County, and there are a lot of families that depend on this operation," said Beard. "We want to make sure that they understand that we are going to be back and we're going to be stronger than ever. This is devastating to us and the community.”
Firefighters from neighboring cities and counties assisted Pontotoc firefighters, including Tupelo.
Martin says firefighters' main goal was to make sure the fire did not spread to the production side of the warehouse.
The fire chief says firefighters expect to be on the scene into the night.
- UPDATE: Fire crews respond to fire at Pontotoc plant
- Firefighters respond to furniture plant fire in Pontotoc County
- Firefighters respond to Pontotoc County fire
- Firefighters respond to house fire in Pontotoc
- UPDATE: Firefighters respond to Pontotoc County mobile home fire
- Firefighters respond to furniture plant fire
- Firefighters respond to two Pontotoc County house fires
- Fire destroys Pontotoc County home
- Afternoon fire destroys Pontotoc house
- UPDATE: No injuries in Lowndes plant fire