Photo Gallery 5 Images
Update 12/6/28 9:15 p.m.
Likely cause of the fire is reported to be an electrical issue, Fire Coordinator Ricky Cummings said.
No injuries were reported in this fire, according to FerrouSouth General Manager Todd Cutshall.
He says the fire started at 8:45 Wednesday night in the heavy gage leveling building, and employees working in the building were on break at the time of the fire.
This morning, all employees will return to work, however, the building affected by the fire will be closed temporarily, according to Cutshall.
See the original post below.
IUKA, Miss. (WTVA) - Multiple fire crews responded to a fire at FerrouSouth Metal Processing Co. in Iuka Wednesday night.
Before 11 p.m., crews were still on the scene and working to put out hot spots, Tishomingo County Fire Coordinator Rickey Cummings said.
Fire crews from Tishomingo County, Alcorn County and Tennessee responded to the scene, according to witnesses.
This is a developing story. Stay with WTVA 9 News for updates.
- UPDATE: Electric issue likely cause of Tishomingo County plant fire
- UPDATE: Tishomingo County fire victim dies
- UPDATE: Tishomingo County body identified
- UPDATE: One dead in Tishomingo County crash
- Home burns in Tishomingo County fire
- Boil water notice issued for some Tishomingo County customers
- UPDATE: Missing Belmont teen found in Tishomingo
- UPDATE: Missing teen found alive in Tishomingo County barn
- UPDATE: Bond denied for Tishomingo County shooting suspect
- UPDATE: One dead after Highway 4 wreck in Tishomingo County