STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - The Starkville Main Street Association is preparing to renovate Fire Station Park this weekend.
Vice Chair of the Main Street Association Board Hagan Walker said the plan for renovations has been in the works since 2013.
Walker said phase one of the project includes moving the pavilion from the Starkville Community Market area on Jackson Street. They will place it at one of the entrances to the park.
They will also remove fences from one side of the park and repave the University Drive entrance.
Walker said he expects phase one of the project to be completed by April.
- Fire Station Park renovations to begin this weekend
- Starkville looks to renovate some city parks
- City, county leaders open a renovated J.L. King Park
- $2.9 million Tupelo church renovation
- GTR Airport expansion, renovation underway
- MDOT: I-22 work to begin this weekend in Union County
- 2nd Amendment sales tax holiday begins this weekend
- Weekend fire damages Aberdeen house
- New splash pad is part of renovation project at Louisville park
- Tupelo fire station could be relocated to residential area