Update 10/05/18 1:41 p.m.
Lowndes County Fire Chief Wayne Doyle says when firefighters arrived on the scene a little after 3 a.m., the building was fully involved. He says crews fought the blaze for more than 5 hours.
However, Doyle says it could have spiraled out of control.
As far as what's next for the company's affected employees, WTVA's Xavier Harris is trying to speak with a company official about the future.
Updated 10/5/18 at 8:15 a.m.
The fire is now contained, Lowndes County Fire Coordinator Neal Austin said. The state fire marshal will investigate the cause of the blaze.
See the original post below.
LOWNDES COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Firefighters are on the scene of a factory fire in Lowndes County, according to Fire Coordinator Neal Austin.
Lowndes County and Columbus firefighters responded to the Trimjoist factory on Highway 182 east of Columbus early Friday morning, Austin said. No one was in the building when the fire started.
The cause of the fire has not been determined.
This article will be updated when new information becomes available.
- UPDATE: No injuries in Lowndes plant fire
- No injuries in Lowndes County house fire
- No injuries in Eupora plant fire
- Minor injury in Lowndes County wreck
- No injuries in Lowndes County crash
- UPDATE: No injuries in Saltillo business fire
- UPDATE: No injuries in Booneville house fire
- Fire officials: Lowndes County business on fire
- UPDATE: Lowndes County fugitive Delvin Moore captured
- UPDATE: Lowndes County teen found safe