COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - The public will have their say as to who the next school superintendent will be in Columbus.
On Wednesday, the names of the final three candidates were released.
Dr. Cherie Labat is the assistant superintendent with the Bay St. Louis-Waveland School District in south Mississippi.
Dr. Lois Kappler is a project manager with Mississippi State University's Research and Curriculum Unit.
Dr. Otha Belcher, Jr. is the assistant superintendent with the Jackson Public Schools.
All three have prior teaching and school administrative experience.
The public meeting will be held at Cook Elementary Auditorium on Thursday, May 31 at 6 p.m. Each candidate will make a five-minute presentation. They will then participate in a question/answer session.
The Columbus Municipal School District Board of Trustees will meet the next day for final interviews. The new superintendent will later be announced.
- Final candidates announced for Columbus school superintendent position
- Columbus superintendent Hickman fired
- Hickman out as superintendent of Columbus schools
- Columbus close to hiring new school superintendent
- UPDATE: List narrows for Columbus school superintendent
- Superintendent defends sending kids to Columbus schools
- Tupelo school superintendent to take same position in Missouri
- Report: Louisville votes to offer school superintendent position
- TPSD to start interviewing superintendent candidates soon
- Okolona school superintendent to retire