CORINTH, Miss. (WTVA) - A federal grand jury has indicted a former Kossuth Middle School coach on one count of sexual exploitation of a child.
Micah Wilbanks, 29, was indicted last week.
According to an affidavit filed by federal investigators, a phone discovered by students on May 2 at the school had recorded them changing clothes.
The videos were recovered by federal agents at the request of the Alcorn County Sheriff's Department who had arrested Wilbanks on intoxication and possession of a controlled substance.
The federal indictment says Wilbanks attempted to use minors to engage in sexually explicit conduct.
Wilbanks waived a preliminary hearing last week and is currently being held without bond by U.S. Marshals.
- Federal indictment handed down against Kossuth coach
- Kossuth coach arrested at school
- Former Kossuth coach now charged with federal sex crime
- UPDATE: Kossuth coach accused of secretly filming female students
- Convicted felon indicted on federal weapons charges
- No indictments handed up against officers in Lowndes County shooting
- 8 men indicted on federal drug charges in Mississippi
- Federal court rejects motions to toss recent child exploitation indictments
- Kossuth defeats Belmont for Class 3A girls championship
- Corinth doctor dies in car fire near Kossuth