OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) -- U. S. District Judge Mike Mills of Fulton is recovering after suffering a heart attack earlier this week.
A news release sent by the court says Judge Mills had several stents inserted during surgical procedures at the Baptist Memorial Hospital North Mississippi in Oxford.
He was scheduled to be released from the hospital today.
The release says additional surgery may be required as doctors monitor the best way to treat his condition.
Court proceedings assigned to him for the next three weeks have been continued.
Mills says he plans to return to the bench as soon as he is cleared by doctors to do so.
The release says Judge Mills and his family thank the many friends and attorneys who have expressed concern.
- Federal Judge Mike Mills recovering from heart attack
- Musician Mac McAnally recovering from heart attack
- Myrtle man recovering after dog attack
- Volunteer fire chief hospitalized following heart attack
- Federal judge sentences Eupora school shooter
- Federal judge blocks Alabama's tough abortion law
- Federal judge denies dismissal request for Micah Wilbanks
- Federal judge intervenes in Mississippi mental health system
- Federal judge sentences former Tupelo loan officer for bank fraud
- Steel Dynamics to expand Columbus steel mill