PRENTISS COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - A 26-year-old man was found shot this morning in Prentiss County and his father is behind bars.
Prentiss County Sheriff Randy Tolar says deputies responded to a residence on County Road 7030 sometime near 1 a.m. This is west of Highway 45.
When deputies arrived, they found a man suffering from a gunshot wound to the chest. That man was identified as Austin Dale Goff.
He was transported to a local hospital and then moved to a Memphis hospital where he remains in stable condition.
Deputies arrested Christopher Dale Goff, 47, for domestic violence-aggravated assault.
The sheriff says a weapon was recovered at the scene.
This incident is currently under investigation.
This is a developing story.
- Father arrested for shooting in Prentiss County
- Child enticement arrest made in Prentiss County
- Child abuse arrest made in Prentiss County
- Prentiss County supervisor arrested for DUI
- Prentiss County investigating multiple burglaries
- Fallen Prentiss County lineman honored
- Two burglary arrests made in Prentiss County in separate cases
- Two arrested in separate Prentiss County drug cases
- Marietta man arrested for theft in Prentiss County
- Sheriff: Prentiss County deputies find drugs, arrest passed-out driver