OKOLONA, Miss. (WTVA) - A father and son died after an ATV accident on Saturday in Chickasaw County.
Chickasaw County Sheriff James Meyers confirmed the accident happened on County Road 132 at approximately 7 p.m.
Meyers said the child died on the scene. He later identified the child as Adian Pannell, 7.
The father was taken to a hospital but later died from his injuries that night.
The sheriff later identified the father as Cletus Pannell, 41.
Meyers said the two lost control of the ATV and ran into a tree.
Editor's Note: This article was updated on Monday include the names of the father and son.
- Man and 7-year-old son die in ATV accident in Chickasaw County
- One injured in ATV accident
- Union Coroner: Man killed in ATV accident
- Father, son killed in ATV accident laid to rest
- Fatal ATV accident in Tippah County
- Sheriff: Man dies in Calhoun County ATV accident
- Two people injured in Chickasaw Co. ATV wreck
- UPDATE: Chickasaw highway back open after accident
- One person dead in Chickasaw County traffic accident
- ATV wreck kills man in Winston County