Updated 5/10/18 8:30 a.m.
Master Sgt. Ray Hall with the Mississippi Highway Patrol confirms the deceased is Ricky Linley, 56, of Pontotoc.
According to Hall, Linley was traveling westbound on a farm tractor towing a trailer when he was hit from behind by another vehicle. Linley died at the scene. The other driver was not injured.
PONTOTOC COUNTY, Miss (WTVA) - Pontotoc County Sheriff Leo Mask says one person is dead after a wreck Wednesday night.
Sheriff Mask says the accident happened at the intersection of Highway 278 (Black Zion Road) and Highway 342.
Mask says right now, deputies are helping direct traffic while the Missisisppi Highway Patrol investigates.
Pontotoc County Coroner Kim Bedford says the family of the victim hasn't been notified yet.
Keep it with WTVA for more information.
- Mississippi Highway Patrol identifies victim of fatal crash
- UPDATE: MHP identifies victim of fatal Monroe County crash
- Lee County coroner identifies 2 victims of fatal crash
- UPDATE: Victim identified in fatal Columbus shooting
- UPDATE: Victims of fatal wreck identified
- UPDATE: Victim identified in Columbus fatal shooting
- Coroner identifies victim of fatal Tupelo wreck
- Mississippi Highway Patrol gearing up for remainder of holiday season
- Mississippi Highway Patrol reminding drivers of 'move over' law
- ALEA Marine Patrol Troopers investigate fatal boat crashes