CORINTH, Miss. (WTVA) - A man is dead in what police are calling a case of self-defense in Corinth.
The incident took place on Sunday sometime near 12:06 a.m. at 412 Shiloh Road in Corinth.
Corinth Police Chief Ralph Dance says two men came back to the shared residence intoxicated.
Dance says Juan Guzman then went into the kitchen and grabbed a knife and starting stabbing Montejo Torres.
Torres pulled out a gun and fatally shot Guzman, police say.
Dance says no charges are being filed against Torres.
Torres is being treated at the hospital for his wounds.
The chief says Torres and Guzman are illegal immigrants. Dance says U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement will be contacted once Torres recovers.
- Fatal Corinth shooting ruled self-defense
- UPDATE: Charges filed in Corinth shooting
- UPDATE: Corinth shooting suspect in custody
- UPDATE: Investigation continues into Corinth shootings
- UPDATE: Arrest made for Corinth shooting
- Fire destroys Corinth business
- Fatal shooting in Aberdeen
- No injuries in Corinth fire
- CFO resigning from Corinth hospital
- UPDATE: 2 men dead in Corinth shooting, investigation ongoing