Photo Gallery 4 Images
MOOREVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - A weekend house fire in Mooreville leaves a family without its beloved pets.
The fire happened Saturday night at a home on Schoolhouse Road in Mooreville.
Two dogs, one cat and a duck all died in the blaze. No humans were inside the house at the time of the fire.
The homeowner, Wendy Kilgore, said she learned of the fire via Facebook while waiting for her dad to have emergency surgery at the hospital.
Kilgore is thankful her family of four was not home. Kilgore's 7-year-old son and 9-year-old daughter would have been asleep in their room, which was badly damaged by the fire.
Mooreville Fire Chief Ron Witte believes a space heater in the bathroom may have sparked the blaze. However, the fire remains under investigation.
Wendy Kilgore said many people in the community have reached out to find out how they can help.
You can donate to the Kilgore family by clicking the link below.
- Mooreville house fire kills family's pets
- Fire destroys Mooreville home
- Firefighters respond to house in Mooreville
- Fire breaks out at Mooreville home
- Mooreville High School 2018 graduation
- Mooreville residents react to break-in
- UPDATE: Mooreville man dies in Thursday crash
- UPDATE: Soft lockdown lifted at Mooreville school
- Wreck claims life of Mooreville resident
- Longtime Mooreville athletic director, basketball coach retires