Mooreville house fire kills family's pets

A Mooreville family loses all their pets in a weekend house fire.

Posted: Mar 26, 2018 4:41 PM
Updated: Mar 26, 2018 7:21 PM

MOOREVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - A weekend house fire in Mooreville leaves a family without its beloved pets. 

The fire happened Saturday night at a home on Schoolhouse Road in Mooreville. 

Two dogs, one cat and a duck all died in the blaze. No humans were inside the house at the time of the fire. 

The homeowner, Wendy Kilgore, said she learned of the fire via Facebook while waiting for her dad to have emergency surgery at the hospital. 

Kilgore is thankful her family of four was not home. Kilgore's 7-year-old son and 9-year-old daughter would have been asleep in their room, which was badly damaged by the fire. 

Mooreville Fire Chief Ron Witte believes a space heater in the bathroom may have sparked the blaze. However, the fire remains under investigation. 

Wendy Kilgore said many people in the community have reached out to find out how they can help.

You can donate to the Kilgore family by clicking the link below.

https://www.youcaring.com/wendykilgore-1145217

Article Comments

Tupelo
Scattered Clouds
82° wxIcon
Hi: 89° Lo: 68°
Feels Like: 85°
Columbus
Overcast
79° wxIcon
Hi: 90° Lo: 71°
Feels Like: 82°
Oxford
Broken Clouds
82° wxIcon
Hi: 87° Lo: 66°
Feels Like: 86°
Starkville
Overcast
81° wxIcon
Hi: 89° Lo: 67°
Feels Like: 84°
WTVA Radar
WTVA Temperatures
WTVA Severe Weather