LEE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Mother's Day is a day that brings joy and happiness to just about every family, but for one, Mother's Day 2017 is a day they'll never forget for a much different reason.
Molly Gladney, 66, was killed on Mother's Day in 2017.
Gladney's son Antonio Gladney admitted in court to killing his mother saying he was not in his right mind at the time.
The incident took place in Molly Gladney's home and ended outside on County Road 54 in Lee County. Investigators say Molly suffered multiple traumatic injuries to the head and face during the attack.
Lee County Sheriff Jim Johnson said at the time Antonio Gladney used a Mother's Day card and bouquet of flowers to gain access to his mother's home.
Meanwhile, the family has not forgotten Molly and still remember her on this Mother's Day.
"We don't really know what happened or how it happened, but we know God knows and God is in control," said Reverend Odell Bowens.
- Family remembers woman killed last year on Mother's Day
- Family remembers Okolona woman following wreck
- Law enforcement agencies, family remember off-duty trooper shot, killed
- Memorial Day crash kills Louisville woman
- People remember MLK 50 years later
- Houston fire remembered one year later
- UPDATE: Noxubee schools remember teacher killed in crash
- Alabama woman killed in wreck
- Tuesday crash kills young woman
- Report: Man arrested, accused of killing mother in Hinds County